Monday, November 22, 2010

Snow! And Other Things

Bundled Bray up-Check!
Played in the snow-Check!
Took pictures in the snow-Check!
Unbundled Bray-Check!
Peppermint Hot Chocolate for both of us-Check!
Cuddles, giggles, punches-Check!
Baby Bug sound asleep-Check!
Christmas music playing-Check!
Snow falling-Check
This is a very good day. :)

There is something about the cold and the snow and the music and the decorations that makes me want to bake...and bake and bake and bake. I can't help it! Something in me screams "Fatten 'em up! Gotta keep them warm!" :) hahahaha!!!! So I bake......
My mom, sister and I started a tradition a few years back...we gather ourselves, our children, and most importantly, our baking supplies together for one day and go BUCK WILD! We make peanut butter kiss cookies, snickerdoodles, chocolate crinkles, fudge, peppermint fudge, gingerbread somethings, and so much more...then we divide up all the goods and go home full of sugar, love and memories. It makes me happy :)
This year it will be me and mom at one house and Lib at her new home in ND.....but that won't stop the sugar, love or memories from happening.....I'm sure there will quite a few phone calls made and probably a skpe or two to get all the questions answered and giggles out.
At the root of my incessant need to bake this time of year, I believe, lays a very strong desire to give to all those who have given to me through out the year. I sit back and think about all the blessings I have received. Friends who have given love and laughter and wisdom, Mentors who have shared their lives and hearts. Family who has stood through thick and thin, and then some and has loved and laughed through it all. The Lord, who has been our Rock and Salvation and Provider, who is, through everything, always faithful. My husband who works so hard, who loves and cherishes us, who strives to be obedient to the Lord and  to provide for us. My son, who, on any given day will melt your heart and make you want to cry from sheer joy and laugh til you pee yourself. New friends who have opened their homes and hearts.
Wow. So much to be thankful for :)
So old friends and new, family and mentors, Matt and Brayden.....THANK YOU for making this a wonderful year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment