Monday, November 8, 2010

Promises, promises, promises!

Why is it so easy to listen to the negative? To hear and see the bad, not so great things in our lives?
I'll tell you why.....(thank you PC for this little nugget, I've been chewing on it since yesterday!!).
Because the devil knows his time is limited...so he YELLS and SHOUTS and SCREAMS to be heard........
The Lord on the other hand, knows He will reign FOREVER so he comes in a still small whisper. He doesn't have to make a big scene to be heard because thru it all, His love endures, His peace surpasses, HE is mighty and great.
Who have I been listening too? Mostly the loud stuff :) But, more and more, I have been hearing that whisper.....funny thing......The loud and the whisper seem to completely contradict each other....who woulda thought? ;)
I know what the Lord has promised me and my family....He has been pretty darn specific actually.....it's a long story (a good one but long!) so I'm not going to tell it right now....let's just say He has given us a number of how many children we will have, dreams, pictures and confirmation after confirmation.  :)
BUT....how do I hold on to that when my everyday is so opposite? By remembering that my REALITY is not hat I can see with my natural eyes but with my supernatural ones.
It's like saying I have a headache and confessing that I believe that I am healed....it's not a contradiction.....it's just a statement of 2 realities...it's just that one is eventually going to overwhelm the other when I just keep on saying what God says about me (Got to give credit to Bishop Joseph Garlington for that one!!!).
What does God say about you? That you should live in misery? Anxiety? Depression? Fear? Hopelessness?
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! He says there is NO condemnation for those in Christ, that the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead is the SAME SPIRIT that dwells in YOU to bring life to your mortal body, that you are his son/daughter (HELLO?!?! Can you say royalty?!?!), that our hope is IN HIM, if God is for us WHO can be against us? That we CANNOT be separated from His love. That we are MORE THAN CONQUERORS through Him who loved us. He has promised peace that surpasses understanding....meaning...when all hell breaks loose in our lives...we can have peace knowing that HE is God and is in control...with our best interest at heart.
Point is....are you living a daily life that you find joy in? Do you have peace? If not....if all you see are the bills piling up, the kids crying, the grades failing, the jobs disappearing, your spouse's distance, the friends not there, parents fighting....whatever it is.....I encourage you to look at what God says about you and your situation. His promises are a far better reality....and trust in Him and you will see that reality in the here and now.
The verse the Lord has given us is Jeremiah 29:11-13. "I know what I am doing. I have it ALL planned out-plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. When you come looking for me, you'll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed." Talk about a promise!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment