Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Math Lesson

I was asked for a blog update from dear friends who I don't get to see much so here goes.......

(WWJD-W) + I + (ing)=What Is Jesus Doing

(If you don't get it, don't worry....it came to me as I was falling asleep last night at 11:30!)

"Pursue the things over which Christ presides. Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ-that's where the action is. See things from His prespective." (Col. 3:1b-2, The Message)


This passage hit me between the eyes and went straight through my heart last night. I want to BE where Jesus is, DOING what He's doing, loving WHO He's loving. 

For as long as I can remember, I loved serving.....With other Christians, I love being able to ease someone else's burden, to lighten their load so they are free to focus solely on what the Lord has put in their hands to glorify Him with. Call me Aaron. Call me Hur. :)

Outside the four walls of my life? A handful of times, the Lord has taken my out of my comfortable, cushy surroundings and set me down in the middle of where His heart is. And those times slowly started to feed a fire that is now starting to burn with compassion and not just sympathy. There isn't just a tugging at my heart but a full on wrenching.

Jesus came for the broken, poor, abandoned, outcast, scarred, defeated, scared.

And THAT is who my heart is crying for. 




The last month has seen a HUGE upheaval in the Weed house but there has only been peace and excitement because there has been no doubt in our minds that it's all the Lord's doing.  Resting in the knowing that He has done this is much more peaceful than trying to "figure out" what's going to happen. 

The long and short of it is this....The Lord spoke very plainly that we were to start going to a new church. That's it. There was nothing else. NOTHING.

So we cried. And tried to reason staying. And surrendered. And had some really tough conversations. And cried some more. And then we obeyed. 

And we have been BLESSED for that obedience. 
And yes, I would call seeing the mass imperfections in myself a blessing...cause if I don't see them, I can't give them to Jesus, and if I can't give them to Jesus, how is He going to make me more like Him?

So here we sit, on the brink of something scary and challenging and  so absolutely wondrous that it can only be Him.





Total side note: Brayden birthday party is Friday night and my house is a WRECK trying to get everything ready. I love it! :)




1 comment:

  1. Ah! I love this! leaving our comfort zone and giving ourselves over to what God is calling us to, is challenging but amazing!! Sharing God's heart for the broken, unloved and forgotten is a true blessing. Im excited to see what's ahead for the Weed family.

    ReplyDelete